RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 01:19 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N410DC
I have never flown a flybarless chopper (well, not outside of RealFlight,) so I can't really comment about their stability vs. multirotors. However, I do have more concern about irresponsible pilots flying the larger helis, given the increased probability of severe injury and death that these aircraft pose (as compared to multirotors.) Larger multi rotor aircraft can certainly do some significant damage to the human body, but nothing compared to a 30" blade spinning at 4,000rpm. I know of two deaths that have been caused by helis (one of the victims was a very competent 3D pilot), but I don't know of any confirmed deaths, or even severe, life-threatening injures that have been caused by a multirotor.
Maybe you missed my point any moron can plunk down his cash at Best Buy and go outside and fly one of the drones I listed in my post. He cannot do the same with a a collective pitch helicopter. That was my whole point. Large helicopters flown in aggressive 3D can be very dangerous I can't argue with that but just how many drones are out there in the hands of idiots compared to 3d helicopters? .

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 05-02-2016 at 01:50 PM.