RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft wing design questions
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Instructor
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DocYates
I am trying to build a 1/4 PC9 (Raytheon T6 Texan II). I have some partially drawn plans from an individual who started this project. The plans included a center section to the wing and left the remainder up to me to finish it out. I have the root rib and tip template. I am torn between attempting to come up with a built up wing or doing a foam core. Does anyone know of anyone who could cut a large foam core wing for me if I have the template, or how can I go about putting these template into a program and generating the files for computer cutting, whether it be wood laser cut ribs or a big foam core? I know the airfoil used on the full size, but these templates look a little different and probably will fly much better for the purposes I intend.
Any help or a discussion of my options would be great.
Thanks
Hi Doc,

If you have a scanner and can scan them to your computer, then you can save them as a PDF file and you can send them to anyone that has a laser cutter. They can then change them to the file that the laser cutter uses. They may be able to plot the wing and rib locations and cut them for you. Hopes thai helps.

And I use to live in Florence Alabama. Small world......

Larry/Instructor