RCU Forums - View Single Post - Star Trek is here...
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 07:48 PM
TheGreatestMoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a personal preference but I did not like the glossy smooth bottom of prints, with the PEI plastic top layer on my heated bed, I actually sanded it to a matte finish with really high grit sand paper, it makes the bottoms of the printed parts better match the sides in terms of glossiness. You should really look into the PEI stuff because you don't need ANY tape or glue EVER. When the bed cools, the parts can be simply swept off the print bed, its literally magic lol. Self-releases.

I actually print on a mirror tile, and the PEI is sticky taped onto the mirror, and the mirror is clipped onto my heated bed. I have several of those made up so I can swap the plates out to let the bed cool without actually stopping the printer.

I use the E3D Volcano extruders in my printers, they added a 0.4mm nozzle for them recently. with 0.4mm nozzle I do 0.2mm layers, 0.1mm first layer. First layer is defiantly the hardest thing to get right, every printers so different.

I've found that when you do a solid object without any infill, only using 1 preimeter allows for smaller detail on really tiny pieces. Having more preimeters in some spots will not get filled in as well and will have more gaps and holes.

Some really good general info here too: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/