RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite '.60 size' P-51D Mustang ARF: Building & Modifications
Old 05-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Aloha Gentlemen,
I wanted to say one thing about this exercise I had with this engine and that was a gentleman named Craig that works for Red Wing. He was most helpful and sent me several e-mails over the past week and U-tube video's to help me find the issue with my DLE 20RA I purchased from his company. He was professional, straight forward and made a real effort to help me find a resolution with my problem. I must in all fairness, give this Craig a "Ata-Boy", Thank You. He did send me all the information I needed to correct my running issues with this engine...and also a nice education on the carburetor.

Next its about Roto Fuel tanks. To me...this is one of the best fuel tanks produced for this hobby. I've flown these fuel tanks for several years and I will purchase them again. They are not cheap...and I decided to return this fuel tank to Roto, to see if they can find out what was up with this tank. Several guys in our club, who fly gas engine models fly Roto fuel tanks and not one individual has had issues with this fuel tank. The fuel tank I have may be good...but I'm returning this fuel tank, so that if there is an issue with this tank, they may see the problem and correct it...if it does have manufacturing issues. As I stated earlier, I used this fuel tank in a Nitro model, and this may have created the issue with this tank, when I switched to gas fuel.

It looks like the weather will allow me to fly the model on Saturday and I'll let you folks know how the (re) maiden flight turns out.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui