RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW Aerobatic Sport Jet "Rebel" from Pirotti Models Italy
Old 05-06-2016, 01:38 AM
Quandry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gbarnes
Mine showed up on my doorstep this morning . Unfortunately I'm at Joe Nall for the next week. Might be a while before I get a chance to get started.
If you see Rebel(s) flying at Nall then you will be tearing in to the build when you get back I bet!!

My update: I've been waylaid fixing another jet, that is nearly done so I figured I'd finish off the Rebel fuel tank last night. I have found the felt clunk to be a good option for jet models. They tend to scavange up every last drop of fuel due to the material, and also seem to reduce the ingress of air in to the fuel lines as the felt itself acts as a sort of buffer (albeit a very minor one). So I dug out a new felt clunk and started the tank assembly. When I removed the element to check everything was ok, I realised that the feed ID was a good bit tighter than the stock pickup. (As a sidenote I believe Carlos is now offering even larger pickups - I might look at one down the track - felt option??) I have used the standard felt clunk with 100 size turbines with not problem, but as I'm hoping to put a 140 in Rebel Etron I figured I would like to enlarge the hole a couple of sizes.

So the first job was to dig out the drill bits, clamp the fitting and bore out a bigger ID. There's not a huge amount of meat to play with in the fitting so slow and steady wins the race here:

Then making sure everything was well cleaned out and smooth of metal shavings, I put the whole lot back together with some large size tygon, checked and adjusted the clunk for length in the tank and then safety wired it down.

The final step was to install the festo elbows with a drop of blue loctite on the threads and sinch them up every so much with a mini spanner

Doesn't look like much but took me through to the end of the night (with a cup of tea and radio playing in the background). Tonight I hope to get a look in at the Rebel elevator halves and maybe start marking out for cutting...

Geoff