RCU Forums - View Single Post - Awful new AMA sUAS website
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 05:01 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Awful new AMA sUAS website

So the AMA publishes a news release on their website announcing a new sUAS website. Now, not only did the hyperlinks in their announcement not work (see note 1 below), even after I pointed it out to them using the "contact AMA" feature, they're still not right - they fixed one of them, but not both.

Regardless, I took a look at the site itself. Now, websites are organized much like newspapers, with most important info listed near top, and then logically left to right.

With this in mind, imagine you're a Dad and son who just got a drone and are trying to do the right thing. By some chance, you stumble across this page. Seeing the title, you might be tempted to think you found the answer. But I argue due to the terrible organization, that Dad and son will leave frustrated ... for the reasons I show below.

Now, I'm one of those who think the AMA should be more accountable for how they spend our dues. They are paying a PR firm that should know something about this, and they're paying web designers as well. So how is it this type of poor organization gets past these "professionals?" They knew or should have known about the whole Google thing, yet they chose to make this not mobile friendly. Why? Honestly, I think we deserve better for our money.

The floor is open...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AMA News Release sUAS Site.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	2161261   Click image for larger version

Name:	AMA sUAS Page Critique.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	2161262