RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 12:57 AM
hipik634

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
Whoever it was that suggested reducing the elevator throw to prevent snaps, THANK YOU!!! Plane flies great now! Need struts to keep the gear straight, but by slipping a shim on the rear mount of the gear, it put the wheels forward of the leading edge, and it is less nose over prone, still will nose over, but tall grass had everything to do with that. My landing was pretty good, smooth all the way down, until it grabbed grass, then plopped on its nose. No broken prop, so Im happy with it.
well i've been in the same situation with my Beta Major, which was still a bit wrong on surface contact. it also flipped all the time. So first was to be super sure, that the wheels didn't brake at all. My problem was that on full spring load on the contact the wheels moved so they hit the cover and it worked as a brake. Second problem were the axles on the wheels with kinda big play, so the result was uncertain and just added to brake effect. Third problem was with too light tail, so i put an M6x20 bolt on the tail as a weight and the flipping was over