RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction 54 Jet Kit
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 03:48 PM
lhatton
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So....

I got three complete flights on the Reaction and now am having some issues. I've noticed since installing my wren 75 in the fuselage that it starts well the first time, plateauing as it warns the engine and then accelerating nicely.

If I try to start it again just after running it, it comes up to about 15k and 200c and flames out, with the starter still pulling.

If I do this about three times it will start. Let it cool totally and it will start first time.

On flight four I got a flameout after being at full throttle about 100 ft down the runway, and again about 250 ft down the runway, with a full power runup in between. No air bubbles. Shook it while running. No problems, so took it home.

Replaced the egg extension I had in there with one from wren. Same start issues and no runup issues. Haven't flown it as my home field is short and I want some room while troubleshooting it.

BTW its a wren 75 jubilee kero start. running jet A with dte light oil. bought it new used here with about an hour of runtime. Have bench run it a number of times before mounting it.

I'm guessing the 18" of fuel feed from the pump and solenoids to the engine might be part of the problem along with some of our humid weather, but I'm leery of it at the moment.

Any thoughts or ideas. I do have the download cable and can get the latest if there are turbine sages here.

Thanks,
Les

Last edited by lhatton; 05-11-2016 at 04:08 PM.