RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft G2 Essence
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 07:31 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vatechguy3
Agree with your point on the battery tray. Would like it to be 50% longer with a 3rd carbon rod and another velcro slot. Would offer much more adjustability.

Tony
I tried to determine the c/g holding the fuse at the l/e of the T-Can but the airplane becomes a pendulum using this method. Not good.

Looking at your pictures.....hopefully you don't mind if I make some suggestions.

The ESC needs to be MUCH further forward and in a vertical position for better cooling on the heat sink and for getting it's weight forward.
Please consider re-positioning it or you will likely have to add weight to the nose even with the battery fully fwd.

There have been several losses of the canopy using the BJ latch method.
IMO....BJ has the slot on the canopy tabs reversed.
The slot should be facing aft to not allow the rod to come out of the slot if the rear of the canopy rides up due to internal air pressure.
Some guys thought that the exhaust openings were not large enough and the internal air pressure got too high which tends to blow off the canopy....but, I have used a 'Best' latch on the last 4 airplanes without any problems whatsoever. Mike has had them in the past.
I like the ability to operate the latch with one hand.

Attached are some pix.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02565.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	2162255   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02566.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	2162256   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02567.JPG