RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft G2 Essence
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 09:03 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vatechguy3
I see your point now. I was "assuming" the 230mm was a good balance point, not tail heavy at all.

So based on your pics and your descriptions, you think the battery tray should be centered over the landing gear former?

I will look at the esc mount tonight. A little worried about the length of the mezon and it interferring with the batteries if mounted vertically. But will try it out.

What are the flying characteristics at your current balance point? How much elevator is required for inverted flight? How does it track on 45 up and downlines?

Thanks
Tony
Because the tray is so short....you (we) don't have enough space available to make large changes...so the equipment and tray must be mounted close enough to some point that is designated as 'the c/g'....to allow the airplane to fly right.
Later today I will assemble the thing and try to get a measurement so you can get as close as you can.

I don't remember where the '230mm' measurement is taken from....please remind me....PM is ok or straight email.

I don't try to 'measure' the amount of down elevator for inverted level flight although I do hold a small amount of stick on it to avoid inverted 'ballooning'.
I adjust the inverted feel to more or less match the upright feel by adjusting the down expo only.....most modern transmitters are capable of this.
IOW....removing expo from the down elevator only....makes the ele move more for a given stick movement.

edit...I like the way the flying stab feels more than a conventional stab/ele.

Dave

Last edited by Dave Harmon; 05-13-2016 at 09:08 AM.