RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 06:41 AM
Puttputt maru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
By the way, generally, Common is Brown wire in this radio, and on the solder pads, there is the out wire directly across from it, so you just match the colors on the pad across from it. orange is signal, red is 5v, and brown is common. on the solder pads for the stick it is towards the middle of the radio. A couple people have asked that question. All that said, I would not recommend any modifications to the transmitter other than swapping out switches, or using existing ports. If you put any holes in the case, it can alter the transmitter wave pattern, and therefore Jeti could not authorize it..

How you get around running out of switches:

you combine functions or automate functions;
-for instance, I use P7 for volume.. However I needed a switch to turn on the models with the wireless switch.. I simply combined the functions. when I turn the volume up, it also turns on the model.
-I use P8 to set gain initially, until getting it tuned into flight modes, then I use P8 to reset the CB200 counters.
- I installed a locking switch in Sa, this is a kill for turbines, kills IBEC's for gassers, Throttle Lock for electrics, and throttle Low for glow birds, so it performs the same function in all planes, but each program is different of course.
- Aerobatic planes, I just use Sd for flight mode changes instead of using separate switches for ail, rud, elev, high rates. I also set the gain that way combined, and of course change expos..
- I use the spring loaded switch Sh for my "timer announcement" but it also doubles as a "high rate" nose gear steering when I need it for taxi and strong cross winds. so what if the timer goes off
-I use G sensor Y and tilt the radio up if I want telemetry to talk to me. I still have Gx available.

The point is you can use double functions and a combination of flight modes.

I wish the DS16 had the two other switches that the DC16 has, but its a minor gripe.

FWIW
I use cross trim, and the throttle trim buttons are used to trim the nose wheel when needed.
My auto trim is Sb
My "kill gyro mix" is Se and has a rubber hose on it.
my flap and flight mode is Sd with a 3 position switch installed.
Brakes on right slider
Smoke on left slider
Choke sw is on slider or Sf depending
P8 is reserved for catch all, such as a canopy or something like that
sK(left stick) is landing gear and idle up

If you give it some thought, you can also use logical switches to do stuff, like a combination of switches.. so i make a copy of the model and play around with it until I get it right, then program the main model.

food for thought..dave
Goose just to add to your suggestions, I also use logical switch to give me more "switches" choice for example I use a combo of slider AND knob position that I know will never happen in flight to reset my CB200