RCU Forums - View Single Post - Castle Is Retarted
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find it hard to believe they'd include screws that were the wrong diameter, but anything is possible. Maybe the esc mounts with smaller diameter screws or you used screws from the 8ight-t kit instead of the 3mm diameter motor mount screws? The screws not being long enough for your particular application I can believe, afterall motor mount thickness varies and 1/8 buggy/truggy mounts are typically thicker than Maxx/Revo and some other monster trucks. That's why I always put a screw through the mount to see how much sticks out the other side and I also thread a screw into the motor by hand to see how deep they can go. Castle motors have a plastic piece inside so a screw won't contact the windings but not all motors have that so be careful. Either way compare how far they go into the motor and the mount and use as long of a screw as you can. You can't expect a company to include screws that are going to be the right length for every application.

I hesitate to tell you to contact Castle customer service but I've had good luck with them the 2 times I've had to use it. Maybe they'll send you a new endbell for free or cheap. Another option is to simply use the other set of mounting holes. If the wires end up in a bad position simply remove the screws holding the endbell onto the can and rotate the endbell 90 degrees. Now the set of holes that weren't stripped are where the stripped ones used to be in relation to the wires. I recommend bolting the motor mount to endbell and using that to turn it. The endbell may have some glue on it as well that'll need to break free so don't be surprised if it's hard to turn at first.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 05-15-2016 at 02:31 PM.