RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 01:20 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigG
That's an issue with these newer radios that have so much capability, you run out of switches before you run out of channels. This link that Harry C provided on another thread https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2016/02/...-24-whats-new/ mentions that the DS-24 will have "24 logical switches" vs 16 on the DS-16. However, on this picture of the DS-16 I took at Joe Nall, I don't see any additional switches.
Craig, it's not impossible but it would be an unusual model that required a widget per channel, there is normally some doubling up e.g. 2 aileron channels per stick, one retract switch to run the legs and doors channels and so on.

Logic switches are software, not actual physical switches, which is why you don't see any more switches on the face of the 24 compared to the 16. Logic switches are of the sort that you say if A is on AND B is on then do something, else don't. For example my brake chute switch only works if the arming switch is on AND the throttle is at idle AND the gear is down. I also use a logic switch that checks if the throttle is at more than idle AND the wheelbrakes are on then speak "wheelbrakes are on" and keep repeating it so that I don't land with the brakes accidentally on and the wheels locked.

You have more controls that are invisible, the DS (but not the DC) has gyros in it which sense tilting or rotation of the Tx and these can be used where appropriate, for example on my glider I use tilt left to speak the elapsed time, some people use tilt back to operate wheel brakes, and so on. I have seen a video of a model being flown purely by tilting the Tx but I wouldn't recommend it!

Last edited by HarryC; 05-16-2016 at 01:27 AM.