RCU Forums - View Single Post - Castle Is Retarted
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 04:26 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBorderRC
Your system came with a pinion? That's interesting, I didn't see anything like that included.
The one CC system I bought years back came with a pinion(actually 2) that was made of some soft metal (pretty sure aluminum) which ground down to a perfect wheel after 1 run. Threw other pinion in the trash can.

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
Forget whether the screws were correct or not for a second, we only have Blue's word that he used the included screws (and assuming only one size was included) and that variable is mute for this DISCUSSION. In general, does the end user bear any responsibility for making sure they assemble the product correctly? Should the end user be responsible for making sure the hardware threads correctly and far enough for the application during assembly? How is the screw example any less relevant than the pinion example? If anything less people in this world have experience with gear mesh than installing screws.
True we do only have his word.
But I will say when I used to buy quite a few things that had to be assembled there were multiple times I bought items that had incorrect screws included.
Hell I remember the one airplane kit I bought (ok it was from HobbyKing) that they sent me a pile of wrong airplane parts in the box. It had the right instructions for what I ordered, but like 30%-40% of the parts I got were not in the instructions.
I've also bought aftermarket parts like a steering upgrade for one of my RC's from a company that had the wrong sized screws in the package(I think it was STRC that time).

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 05-16-2016 at 04:31 PM.