RCU Forums - View Single Post - Castle Is Retarted
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
The one CC system I bought years back came with a pinion(actually 2) that was made of some soft metal (pretty sure aluminum) which ground down to a perfect wheel after 1 run. Threw other pinion in the trash can.
One of the Mamba Monster systems I bought years ago came with an aluminum 32p pinion. I agree it was soft (6061 or softer), only good for plastic spur gears. I think I stripped the threads for the grub screw or it seemed very likely at the least, either way I tossed it. They definitely weren't as hard as the 7075 aluminum pinions from Robinson Racing I've had in the past.

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
True we do only have his word.
But I will say when I used to buy quite a few things that had to be assembled there were multiple times I bought items that had incorrect screws included.
Hell I remember the one airplane kit I bought (ok it was from HobbyKing) that they sent me a pile of wrong airplane parts in the box. It had the right instructions for what I ordered, but like 30%-40% of the parts I got were not in the instructions.
I've also bought aftermarket parts like a steering upgrade for one of my RC's from a company that had the wrong sized screws in the package(I think it was STRC that time).
Screw ups with screws (I feel like there's a joke there somewhere) are inevitable and invariably suck whether the mfg included the wrong ones or the end user used the wrong ones. Maybe you were just venting past frustration with bad included hardware and a Castle product in your first post. But it seemed like you placed more blame for the failure on the incorrect hardware than end user responsibility for proper assembly. Don't know why but after trying to help Blueborder with my first post, I read yours and went more philosophical with my 2nd post and the question about end user responsibility to ensure proper assembly.

Btw I was trying to separate Blue from that question hence the 2nd post and saying all variables related to him and the source of the screws are mute for the purpose of discussing the question of end user responsibility. I didn't want anyone (mainly blue) thinking I was saying or implying that he's lying or is some adjective that means mentally deficient. Afterall mistakes happen to the best of us.