RCU Forums - View Single Post - First stadium truck for competition
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 09:11 AM
S197Insano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First stadium truck for competition

I have decided into the hobby in the past few weeks. It's been 6 or so years and I pulled out the 3 vehicles I still have, original LST, original Losi 8ight buggy and HPI RS4 evo 3. These were all RTR and have never built a kit.

Researching my rear off and have seen various models, from the TLR 22t 2.0, RCT5M and DEST210R 22T, as well as a few nitro.

Electric would be new for me, as well as building a kit. I will be using a Futaba 4PK and it would be throwing away money to get a RTR kit, but it isn't much. I looked at a ton of reviews, forum posts and any resource I could find. The review videos and sites seemed to favor the non-RTR kits for racing. I would imagine as long as I took my time, asking for help to pick a motor, ESC, etc. that it wouldn't be anything impossible and also a great experience that would give a much better understanding of how the truck works.

The local club (RC3 in Huntsville, AL) has an open mod stadium truck class and that what is driving me to have something competitive. Assuming open mod is electric...

Any advice, recommendations, links to info are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe