RCU Forums - View Single Post - First stadium truck for competition
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 02:47 PM
S197Insano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 38 and an IT Engineer and have always researched the mess out of whatever I buy, plant, etc. with a hobby. I've found the plethora of information from the Internet, including forum experts (the folks who know their stuff normally are easy to spot) really beats out what can be had from the locals. Some just don't like sharing good information, contradictory to what it takes to be successful in the Information Technology field.

Ive been looking today and it seems most folks are more knowledgeable when it comes to things other than stadium trucks. They've been out of the picture, so maybe that's why there aren't many reviews and just plain old information in general when it comes to things later than 2013.'

I found tons of reviews on other things. Non-race stuff is all over, X-Maxx, Yeti XL (nice looking rides), as welol as some bash/race types like SC trucks. I have to say, Traxxas or not the Slash Platinum and Ultimate models look tempting...just seem to be geared at bashing with a sensor less motor. Makes me rethink things and consider just buying something electric for bashing and maybe get the Losi 8ight runNing and race it.

The min/max part in me wants to do a kit for racing, but maybe a brasher is what I should look at. So many more choices in 2016....cool technological advances in the past 6 years.