RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 07:56 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Correct. We had no issues like we see today. We self regulated ourselves with success and I might add for almost 80 years. Some like to compare this to when helicopters came on the seen. That won't fly for two reasons.
1- Helicopters did not lead to government over site of the hobby.
2- Anyone can fly these RTF mutli-rotor camera platforms and I mean anyone that it itself is what brought the hobby all this regulation.

Nothing ever presented by way of evidence to support this. The thought that a few guys flying these platforms brought all the govt intervention is not supported at all. How can the commercial application of this continue to ignored as the MAIN factor?

At least helicopters required a bit of dedication ( time and money) along with a bit of guidance to master them normally from the local clubs which those people supported along with joining the AMA.

Current registration numbers are twice what the AMA membership is "claimed to be" Just where are those other 180,000 and why haven't they joined the AMA ?

Where is the math on that one? Actually the last reported membership number was 187,000....if the reg numbers are closer to 500,000 how do you know that most of the AMA members haven't signed up? Also, keep in mind just because you're an AMA member doesn't mean you automatically have to sign up.

Mike
Above in blue