RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 01:44 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Horse crap yourself. That drone is flown FPV mode. Hardly ever anything but.
Sport in one of the clubs I am in in AJ AZ there are maybe 25 people of 270 club members flying drones and only one flyes it FPV and not often because he doesn't know thw area enough to do real FPV. He has a tracking system and just records what he sees.
Another Wisconsin club has maybe 3 out of 70 or so and one I know flys heads down looking at a screen attached to is Transmitter. I personally would have a screen on the transmitter and hold the radio so I can watch the screen and the transmitter held so I can watch the screen and the quad right over the top of the screen. WHY be cause I can't fot the goggles over my glasses. If I were to fly with some sort of FPV it would be on a Traditional R/C Plane and with a head tracker sstem and on a buddy box. How many people U know that are actually into full blown FPV and how many do it BLOS or with out a spotter or budy box set up?

OH I heard it second hand from the guys in one of my Wisconsin clubs that they saw a plane circle the field and then head tword a school on the other side of a 4 lane restricted access road. They suspect that some was flying FPV BLOS from the school grounds ... this happened just one time.