RCU Forums - View Single Post - West Texas Jets 2016
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 03:52 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default West Texas Jets 2016

Time to put up a thread about our West Texas Jets meet. It'll be the first weekend of October. (6, 7 and 8) As before, this will be a very low key, fly as much as you can type event. Wide open spaces, covered pit areas and lots of jet flying buddies to talk it up. Our Club is small but most members have a turbine waiver so we are very jet friendly. We'll have a dinner at my house on Saturday night that is FREE to all pilots and their families. Each year, we have grown this event and would really like to see some of our region's jet pilots come fly with us. We've had groups from OKC, Austin, Houston and DFW areas. I'll post our flier here and it'll be on the RC Flight Deck. You should be able to sign up on RC Flight Deck also within a few days too, if not already. This is a NON Football Texas Tech weekend so our hotels will be empty along with the restaurants. Our field has been resurfaced this last year and we are also lengthening it next week so it'll be 50x1100ft but over runs as far as you can see since it's a closed down full scale airport. This year, we've also added a 4 KW generator and multiple plug ins under the covered pit area and a high quality safety fence.

As before, we'll have three trophies, Pilot's Choice, Best Scale Flight and Top Gun. If you have anything from a small Elite electric Fury all the way up to an Ultra Bandit (or bigger), please consider us for one of your out of town jet rallies. We'd love to have you visit...