RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 10:29 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
I see you chose to keep using the red method...

"How much input came from public internet forums?"
None. But that's only because we chose another method. Created an email address from our constituents that went straight to me...thus free of any filtering by intermediaries (in this case departments or individuals that worked for me). It allowed me to keep up on the pulse of the people I'm supposed to be serving. And allowed them to directly challenge me or my decisions (i.e. one form of accountability). We also did monthly meetings with one or more groups of constituents, scheduled so that we hit everyone once a year. Again, open forum, no filtering, direct from the people to the decision maker.

"I understand, but those are all life choices we make."

I'm trying to do what I can to influence based on the time available to me and balanced against other more important commitments. Surely you're not trying to say that I'm wrong or less of an AMA member, or have less of a right to an opinion because I choose not to devote as much time to AMA as you or others do?

"We've all spent money on things we've never used. It's only hindsight that we realize it was a waste. We can't blame anyone but ourselves for that."
I'm trying to avoid the hindsight issue by setting up some criteria now upon which I'll make a future decision. You probably could care less, but I see it as better than hindsight.