RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xtreme Arf Vixen Sport Jet , Coming soon!
Old 05-21-2016, 06:22 PM
rchobbymodels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jetmodeler
Well the Vixen is finally flying, like I said it was a slow build. She flies on rails, very nice airplane, soft stall, good knife edge, and just a sweetheart. I
Some comments on the build, very straight forward like most ARF's. I did change the flap horn, raised it to the top of the flap as the servo travel was minimal with the hole so close to the hinge, these are hidden linkages so just need to use all available height within the thickness of the wing at the flap leading edge.
I like the box just forward of the nose gear well to fit a battery, I have my Rhino ECU battery up there and the balance worked out well, currently have a 4 ounce weight sharing this battery space until I finish the cockpit with pilots and seats which should allow removal of this weight. It was nice to not have to shift anything around to get the center of gravity right.
The fuel tanks are large, I am only using the large saddle tanks, feeding to 20 ounce hopper tank, by the 4th flight I now have the timer set to 9 minutes and landed with about 30% fuel remaining in the saddle tanks, hey Wagoner just how big are those tanks, I'll have to measure them some time.
The Jet Central Rhino, a 200 size motor pushes the Vixen around with authority, plenty of power for this airplane.
Looking forward to taking the Vixen to 1st in Flight next week and putting some more flying time on her, fun airplane.
Jim
They are 1.06 gallons each so total saddle tanks are 2.12 gallons + hopper