RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lets talk air clinders for gear doors
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 03:49 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Okay guys I went ahead and replaced all the gear doors with UP cylinders, it took all weekend and was super excited till I turned on the jet. Everything went great till I put the gear up and the doors closed, the air started leaking out the air escape port on one of the valves like I was having with the stock. My first thought was the valve itself was bad since it was the same valve as before but when I pinched the line on the non pressure side it stops. I checked the 4 cylinders on that valve by pinching the lines and bam found the bad one, the funny thing is if I pull the door open just a hair it stops leaking. This tells me its leaking around the internal O-ring when its at the end of the stroke(closed). Needless to say im flustered a bit since to replace all these cost of 200.00 so any advice to maybe get that cylinder to function right before I send it back to dreamworks? Is the way im checking it the correct and is my diagnosis correct? I was looking at the cylinders and not sure how they come apart to check the O rings the look pressed on but not sure..... Any thoughts?

Last edited by FenderBean; 05-22-2016 at 03:53 PM.