RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much should members know WRT AMA finances ?
Old 05-23-2016, 05:01 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Can you kindly identify any 501(c)(3) organizations comparable in financial size to the AMA (total revenue) that provide the level of detail you're looking for?
Now see , that's something I'd also like to know , other 501(c)(3) organizations of comparable size , how do we rate against the average for disclosure ? Are we better ? Worse ? On par ? No one is being put on trial here and there are no barbs being thrown at anyone including the AMA . This is a discussion of finances and how open are we , how open should we be , and how we fare compared to similar sized organizations . Maybe we DO release more than the average . Maybe we don't . It is my opinion that we do have the right to know where our money goes , and that's the level of detail I'd like to see provided . Even such a relatively small economy as my own provides itself once a month with an accurate reporting of all monies in VS monies out , it's called balancing my checkbook . Now since we're all financially tied to the AMA , as it exists through our dues , I think a once yearly complete accounting of all monies in VS monies out is not too much to ask . I have in the past few days been doing some free time reading into everything I can find , using helpful links like the one Mike provided , and when I'm done I plan to try to pick a few other around 200K member 501(c)(3) organizations to compare .