RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much should members know WRT AMA finances ?
Old 05-24-2016, 03:47 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Init, I don't like what I perceive as crispy's attempts to create diversions from thread topics, as usually seems to be his purpose. That's why I rarely respond to him. IMHO, too many respectable folks here give him what he wants,and when he gets it he comes right back for more, repeating the cycle for as long as he can keep somebody on the hook and so further the disruption, burying the discussion in noise.
It isn't hard to ignore him......try it.
Oh yeah, in keeping with the desire to keep posts topical, do read a 990 and let us know if it answered any of your questions.
Hi CJ ,

As to the subject of "thread drift" , all threads drift , and a friendly side conversation or two have never derailed a thread or caused discord among the posters . When , however , that drift takes the form of repeated "So , do you still beat your wife" type "leading" questions , then it rises to the level of being trolling , and harassment , and I will use the moderation system to eradicate this wherever I see it . Last night , because I wouldn't respond to him here , he went and bumped 3 or 4 of my old posts , posting his trolling garbage not so well disguised as he'd like to think it is . The sheer fact that in an hour's time he bumped 3 or 4 of my posts with questions intended to provide a negative response proves harassment & trolling right there . Now , no matter how many of my old posts he goes and bumps with no matter how many leading questions he asks , I intend to not respond and let Ken do the moderating that needs to be done . I'm not the one looking for a fight here just as Franklin wasn't the one looking for a fight in his thread either , I'm looking for a serious conversation about AMA finances . When I have looked over the 990 in detail I'm sure I will have further questions , the biggest question for right now is will those questions be met with the same harassment from the same person , or will he finally be dealt with by then ?

PS , just so you all know , I DO appreciate the 990 suggestion . You see , I'm not on any kinds of any "anti AMA" mission here whatsoever . I'm curious as to how our organization deals with it's finances . From how it's made to how it's spent , and how that's reported to us , that's what I'm interested in . If it's a bad thing to want to know how an organization a person is associated with runs , and to be able to talk about it in a discussion forum dedicated to that very organization , might as well shut the whole AMA forum here down , cause in that case there really wouldn't be that much left to talk about .