RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homeland Security on UAV "Emerging Threats"
Old 05-25-2016, 07:55 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Mike , I live in Massachusetts and of course followed that story to the minute . The guy , Rezwan Ferdus (spelling ?) of Ashland Ma. IS a dangerous person who had been banned from his own Mosque for becoming more and more of what's today called "Radicalized" . He ended up not getting together with the fellow terrorist wannabes he thought he was meeting , but the US authorities instead who are said to have encouraged his mistaken notion that what he wanted to do was possible , so as to be able to set him up for the terror charges they currently have him held on . Was a dangerous person removed from society by a seemingly legal police sting ? Yes , absolutely . Did they really need to use RC models in the plot , where it never could have worked the way the terrorist envisioned* ? No , I think everyone who holds a TX no matter what's on the other end who cares about any more than just pushing the latest trend saw that as an ugly moment for the hobby in general . A shame some would have to stoop SO low as to be using such an ugly smear on our hobby to make a point , but I guess that's just the world we live in today , eh ?

* His grand plan , like that of all terrorists , was to destroy the building in it's entirety , which of course is totally impossible with the plan he had thought he was participating in . Yes , the fact that he wanted to bring the entire building down , because he was led to believe he could , was revealed during trial .....

The guys a idiot and got 17 years, should have gotten life. Yes he was ( and probably still is) dangerous but stupid and apparently very gullible.

Mike