RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCPRO Club 40 Rules Committee votes not to allow Evolution .46 in Silver Class
Old 05-25-2016, 08:04 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Dan,
Trust me we were all suprised to see how the EVO.46 out performed the TT.40 in our airplanes.
If we allowed the EVO.46 in the Silver class, doing so would have religated any other engine to the dust bin in Club .40 Silver. I will be doing some further testing after the NATS to see if we can find an equivelant powerplant for the Silver Class. Using a std propeller might be one solution that we will evaluate.
Last weekend I did some bench running in the test stand comparing the TT.40 and the EVO using the same APC9X5. The .46 was peaking out at a little over 15 K while the .40 was at 14.8K. That is a siginificant difference between the two engines.
I know we always hope we buy the "one off" engine that is the really hot engine from the MFG. I don't think thats the case. I had 1/2 gallon through the engine on my test stand and breakin prop but I don't think that is anything unusual here.
More testing to follow.
Sparky