RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homeland Security on UAV "Emerging Threats"
Old 05-25-2016, 08:12 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Mike , I live in Massachusetts and of course followed that story to the minute . The guy , Rezwan Ferdus (spelling ?) of Ashland Ma. IS a dangerous person who had been banned from his own Mosque for becoming more and more of what's today called "Radicalized" . He ended up not getting together with the fellow terrorist wannabes he thought he was meeting , but the US authorities instead who are said to have encouraged his mistaken notion that what he wanted to do was possible , so as to be able to set him up for the terror charges they currently have him held on . Was a dangerous person removed from society by a seemingly legal police sting ? Yes , absolutely . Did they really need to use RC models in the plot , where it never could have worked the way the terrorist envisioned* ? No , I think everyone who holds a TX no matter what's on the other end who cares about any more than just pushing the latest trend saw that as an ugly moment for the hobby in general . A shame some would have to stoop SO low as to be using such an ugly smear on our hobby to make a point , but I guess that's just the world we live in today , eh ?

* His grand plan , like that of all terrorists , was to destroy the building in it's entirety , which of course is totally impossible with the plan he had thought he was participating in . Yes , the fact that he wanted to bring the entire building down , because he was led to believe he could , was revealed during trial .....
Given the fact that Mr and drones vilified here and elsewhere and get blamed for everything (other than the AMA)...it was fair to mention the only threat so far has been tied to fixed wing. Why in the world is that a point to be castigated for bringing up? It should have been mentioned in the first place, but I realize why it's overlooked.