RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCPRO Club 40 Rules Committee votes not to allow Evolution .46 in Silver Class
Old 05-25-2016, 11:09 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan,

I did not make the rule proposal, but I did vote YES for it.

There are issues with the Club 40 planes and the Evolution 46NX besides the performance. Sorry if I had not updated you on this.

Because our engines are mounted upright, in a left turn we are getting fuel starvation with the 46NX with the one piece muffler. Put a TT PRO 40 muffler on the Evo 46NX and the problem goes away. Guys have done a wide range of option testing. Raising the tank, using bubbless tanks. One workable solution was to use a flexible exhaust outlet and restrict it using zip ties. It is a back pressure issue

We are not banning the Evo 46NX from Club 40. Only the Silver class that had an exception to the .40 c.i. for the NX is being changed.

We do not require specific props in Club 40 because the Sky Raider Mach II and LA Racer 40 have similar but different characteristics. And now we allow the SIG 4 STAR 54 as well and it is a different drag profile.

I too hope Club 40 gets worked out. We are shrinking in many places because of the engine issue. The 46NX will do fine in the Gold class and I believe that due to the lack of new TT PRO 40's we will see the Gold class emerge as the premier class.

I have been fighting the .40 versus .46 battle ever since creating Club 40. It was a big deal to get local racers that had no 424 engines to buy .40 engines over their beloved O.S. 46 FX/AX/AXII and engines like the Magnum 46 XLS and other .46 sport engines.

I have seen the part for the original 46NX muffler on the Horizon site and that muffler has no problems with fuel starvation. So we can still maintain synergy with AMA 424.

Don

Last edited by DonStegall; 05-25-2016 at 11:34 AM.