RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homeland Security on UAV "Emerging Threats"
Old 05-26-2016, 04:55 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
One petition that had only a few signatures. Most posted but never mailed complaints. The AMA has every reason to believe the majority is behind them. If you want them to change direction you need more than a poorly worded petition with a handful of signatures.
Agree. The one "petition" posted hear last year was horribly worded, and didn't even get the name for the president right. It was done on behalf of 7 people if I remember correctly, all with vested interest in "traditional" hobby efforts, ie fixed wing. Even at that, they didn't get more involved in the process before sending it. I suspect it ultimately went nowhere, as did the Change.org petitions. Between all of them, I suspect there were less than 1000 people who were involved, if being "involved" is signing your name. Match that against 187,000 members (paid or not, they are members with a voice), and it's pretty clear there is no uprising going on. That said, at least they took those more proactive measures.

The free registration that cost $5.00 is the sum total of Govt involvement as of now. 99.99% of the membership has seen no change to the way this hobby operates. So if it's being content, or it's apathy, or not being aware of whats going on, there doesn't appear to be any huge groundswell of discontent. Why would the EC change course based on less than .0001 of the membership complaining, and sometimes not even directly to them? I've also yet to see any requests from the newly elected district VPs to change anything either, so even with newly elected leadership within the past year, where is the call to change?