RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much should members know WRT AMA finances ?
Old 05-26-2016, 05:02 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I wouldn't say the AMA forum itself brings out the worst or best in people but, rather, what people think the AMA is and/or does. Since the AMA operates financially through membership dues, it is my belief that the board needs to keep members informed on what is happening in a timely manner and how those dues are being spent. Conversely, the members need to keep the board informed on what they want the board to do as well as concerns or ideas on the direction they want the board to take. Obviously, having 100K+ members means the board must do some compromising to try and meet everyone's wishes and, obviously, not everyone will be happy. The "drone" fiasco shows this very vividly. The board's lack of communication to members and the perceived failure to ask the members what they think and/or do what the members wanted(this last sentence is based on all the threads I've read here in the forums, not first hand information) is obviously a reason for many of the latest "animated" threads that have been driving Ken crazy.

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 05-26-2016 at 05:05 AM.