RCU Forums - View Single Post - Using FAA number as custom AMA number ?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 07:59 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
One and done..makes sense.

Some folks hold their AMA number near and dear and wouldn't want to lose it. I think the ama is still pressing the FAA to allow us to use our AMA numbers, don't know where that process is now.
Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
"KISS" principle, gotta love it

Exactly , the one number covers all , that was my idea . I do understand that guys with a sentimental attachment to their number wouldn't do it , and yea waiting to see if during this kinda new process the FAA would accept an AMA number then I could see waiting it out . I do have a 5 digit number which I guess would be coveted but one good look at me would tell ya I've been around the planes for a while* . I never did put my number on any plane with non removable materials so I can basically just peel & stick them at will so for me a number change wouldn't be too much trouble at all .

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I will not and do not have to register.

I plan to start the kit below this weekend.

http://www.bmjrmodels.com/free-fligh.../speckled-p-30
Sport , I think it's great that you've got the open space for free flight , both that and the estees rockets were always too much for the local areas where I fly . The rockets in particular , one good breeze and on that little parachute the thing can travel far far out of sight . Do you have one of those "egg beater" type winder rigs for the rubber bands ? The rubber alone is a science in itself !

* anyone who can show ya a picture of one of these on his run up stand has been around at least somewhat of a while