RCU Forums - View Single Post - Using FAA number as custom AMA number ?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 11:47 AM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Well I have to say I think that's just awesome that you found a way around participating in the FAA debacle while continuing to enjoy your love of flying things . If I had the open land and wasn't so much of a "techie" with regards to the radios , engines and motors , I'd wish I had a way to just fly without all of the increasing baggage that's becoming attached to the hobby too . I started out with control line and couldn't wait to get my first radio , and if while i'm alive things get TOO crazy (RC pilot physicals , Annual airworthiness inspections & certification of RC models , stuff like that) I'd go back to control line in an instant , provided I'm healthy enough to not get dizzy going around in circles .
I hear you. I'm leaning toward parkies of late. Sailplanes are good too, don't generally need fixed facilities and are good in places where solitude can be found. Both offer an outlet for techie urges. I should reconsider FF too......get back to 'roots,' and there is boundless space E in the BLM expanses to accommodate the activity. In recent years I've mainly gone out there for high-power rocketry, but even that requires some liaison with FAA to be legit. FF model planes are free of that bother.