RCU Forums - View Single Post - Using FAA number as custom AMA number ?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 12:48 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
I hear you. I'm leaning toward parkies of late. Sailplanes are good too, don't generally need fixed facilities and are good in places where solitude can be found. Both offer an outlet for techie urges. I should reconsider FF too......get back to 'roots,' and there is boundless space E in the BLM expanses to accommodate the activity. In recent years I've mainly gone out there for high-power rocketry, but even that requires some liaison with FAA to be legit. FF model planes are free of that bother.
Hi CJ ,

I would love to be there when the high power rockets were flown ! The biggest I ever successfully flew and got back was this "Renegade" that used a D sized engine . I still have also the "snapshot" which takes the film cartridge and that dangerous as Hell looking "Sky Writer" that looks like a pencil . Both of those take C sized engines and I flew the snapshot several times , I just never got around to developing the film and i'm not sure they even do that anymore . Of course I never once flew the Skywriter , that fine point on the end looking more like ammunition than a model rocket !

And yes , at present all we may have to do is give $5 every three years , so it hasn't gotten at all burdensome yet . But the toe is in the door , and someday the rest of the body will walk through the door as well . Likely won't be in my remaining lifetime , but I do expect the regulations to become more and more daunting as the years progress .