RCU Forums - View Single Post - Oxai Galactika unboxing, assembly, setup, maiden etc.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:28 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
It was flying also today after work, I think it was about 12 flights (lost count). The weather was not so pleasant - overcast and rain hanging in the air (started when I loaded plane in the car to drive home), hard gusty winds and cold (for this time of year). But I had clothes (winter jacket, winter cap and gloves) with me... so it was not that bad.

I placed the flying sectors (I have 3 poles white/red and streamers at top, that I place on the field 150 m in front of me and 260 meters to left and right) so the wind was blowing towards me, the hardest (at least for me) so I get more demanding conditions to practice P-17 Schedule in.

it was rather risky landings in the hard and gusty winds, it was first at very close to ground (below 0.5 meter or so) that the plane calmed down and I felt I had good control and for a smoth touch down.
Flying in hard and gusty winds do not bother me but the landings and near ground in such conditions are little scary then (for me at least). All went well today, nothing broken. All is charged now and I have check over the plane so no problems that I did not notice at the field. Maybe more flying tomorrow if time permit.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-26-2016 at 01:33 PM.