RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homeland Security on UAV "Emerging Threats"
Old 05-27-2016, 06:05 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike1974
I guess I didn't word my thoughts very well on that comment and I meant to say traditional. My bad. What I was trying to say is that poeple complaining about new methods of flight (MR) and new technologies are just going to be left to their pointless complaining because that is the way everything is heading.

When I was 12 I saved my money, for what felt like forever, to buy my very first RC plane. A Great Planes PT-40 and built that thing by myself when I was 12. Been in RC ever since and i'm 41 now. I just feel it is sad sometimes to see people so stuck on one particular thing. Aviation is things that fly. Not just fixed wing, kit built planes. I am going to find a NOS PT-40 kit one day just for nestagia purposes.

You bet all those shows are popular and for good reason!! They are awesome!! I was not trying to say fixed wing is dying, just that poeple stuck on only one small type of rc might start becoming the minority at their local field.

I know that if I spent all the time and money on a very expensive plane, like a turbine jet, that there is for sure going to be stabilization, telemetry, return to home, and an LRS built into that thing!!

I just flew buddy box for the first time with my 8 year old son the other day and I can tell you the Eagle Tree 2D/3D Guardian made it a breeze. He could fly the plane and did very well, but when he centered the sticks it went back to straight and level flight. It was very cool! That was with a Big Stik 40 with Saito 56. Now, once he is comfortable with the basic control of a plane I can start turning down the gain on the Guardian until he can fly without any stabilization. Easy peasy and less chance for an accident or crash. Alot more relaxing also.
Got it.

Mike