RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homeland Security on UAV "Emerging Threats"
Old 05-27-2016, 07:16 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
These electronic recovery systems are the future of training and advancing one's piloting skills in the hobby.

It's interesting to look back and see the logical progression from nothing to buddy boxing, to simulators, to stabilization systems. Some systems have even incorporated hard decks that will automatically engage and recover below a certain altitude. As a result, we're seeing some incredible piloting skills emerging in short order.
Totally agree! My Eagle Tree Vector has multiple "safe settings" such as RTH, Max/min altitude, max distance, max/min speed, etc. All programmable! Using 3D mode the Guardian and Vector will hold last input. Say you are using a Guardian in 3D mode and get a perfect prop hang going; you can just release sticks and it will hold last input. You still have to control throttle. Using 3D for take off and landing is cool also. Get lined up on the runway and it holds last input. Just use throttle to control altitude, just like in a real plane with the trim tab set for landing. Get nice and lined up on approach and it will hold last input. Really cool, fun stuff to play around with all while being able to completely turn it off with the flip of a switch or turn of a knob.

Sorry, I geek out about cool technology like this! lol.

Last edited by mike1974; 05-27-2016 at 07:22 AM.