RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seidel 7-70 radial: Help me decide!
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 07:17 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been a slow process. But I accepted that long ago. The engine is still in India. It spent a couple of weeks in Indian customs (and I'm being told that I have to pay the duty on this engine that was being shipped for repair and re-export). Then a week ago I was informed that their mechanics recommended that ALL THE PART ON ALL THE CYLINDERS (virtually everything except for the crankcase) should to be replaced, for a cost of $500 (parts and labor). I responded back that that was absolutely crazy since surely not all those parts were damaged.

Yesterday I got another email explaining that there are been a mix-up, that the repair recommendations I received were actually for some other customer who had requested that his 770 be upgraded to the 777. That evaluation was sent to me by mistake. I'm told that they should have the recommendations for the repair of my 770 in a few days.

We'll see. I know from 12 years of experience in the Middle East that things happen in their own time...and getting upset about the situation won't make things go any faster.

Last edited by abufletcher; 05-28-2016 at 05:14 PM.