RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCPRO Club 40 Rules Committee votes not to allow Evolution .46 in Silver Class
Old 05-27-2016, 09:12 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Star_Scream

I hope the rules committee reverses their decision concerning this engine with the NATS just around the corner. If the decision isn’t reversed, I’d recommend everyone with the Evolution 46NX engine that’s thinking about racing C40 not go that route and instead move into 424 pylon racing.
Ken has asked the RCPRO Club 40 Committee about using a specified prop for Club 40 Silver (not Bronze or Gold).

All of the NMPRA / AMA race testing was done with APC 9x6 props from what I know. If you look at my bench numbers, the Evolution 46NX had just a little over 200 RPM's more than a TT PRO 40 running the same 9x6 prop on the same fuel within an hour of each other.

So I'm going to ask all of the people who are participating in Club 40 Silver or want to, if they would accept standardizing on the APC 9x6 for the Silver class?

The Evolution 46NX can run with the baffled muffler in Club 40 Gold, and I really don't want to try to pick a single prop for Gold.

If I had to pick a single prop for Bronze, it would be the APC 10x5 and not the 9x6 because those engines just don't turn the RPM's of the bearing engines and need a longer prop.