RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 04:00 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by georgiateddy
Looking for some help with a Saito 150 w/ 16/6 prop :

I have a float plane ( my 1st build of floats ) ready for maiden; however, the engine just isnt tuned properly. I am a B+ at tuning so help is needed. Ive tried the common attempts of high end then low end. It feels like I am chasing my tail. The engine will not let me get to high rpm to work the high needle to perfection. It spits and sputters. Ive tried leaning. Ive tried riching.

I feel the low end original factory setting would be great; however, the only advise to where factory low end is states flush with the throttle arm level. Seems less than absolute. The high end is easy to find for a starting point. 3 Turns out and fine tune.

Any ideas how to get the low end near factory original ? or suggestions how to get this 150 cooking so I can fly my float plane !!!!

thanks,

Teddy
Teddy a 16x6 is very small for a 150.Start with the lsn flush with the throttle arm and tune for max rpm,if in doubt ask dave to help you he's real good on tuning saitos and so is barry.They are the best i've read and make sense which is easily digested.Even tho i hate 125's you can trust me

Flyin again you are the best fisherman in town..never seen popey go off like that before