RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 09:29 AM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Rob on the radio thing, a single lipo cell (4.2v fully charged) just isn't enough. Get the GT2 or GT3B for sure. If you want lipo instead of changing out 8 AA batteries every other month, there is a mod and a certain 3S battery that you can buy. 12.6v fully charged and 9.6v fully discharged fits perfectly in the parameters of the radio's voltage regulator and low voltage alarm. I've actually been doing the 8 AAs for a few years now, thinking about switching to the lipo mod this summer though, since I just discovered it last fall.

BTW, I can see why your motor wire fell off. That grass in your backyard is killing that brushed motor. It's quite common when running a brushed motor that it'll overheat when under a big load, and the terminals actually get hot enough to melt the solder, causing the wire fall off. You should really mow that, because even when you go brushless, tall grass is an issue. When a brushless motor overheats, the internal magnets get permanently weaker, causing it to put out less power than before.

Last edited by DieHarder; 05-31-2016 at 12:13 PM.