RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull 1.20 PT-19
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 05:26 AM
coleboom

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I now have about 8 flights on this plane. WOW It flies great.. Totally stable, and when I put the flaps down there is no problem taking a nose up approach to land with throttle control

I love it... Though I wish it would roll a little faster. (presently you need a calendar to time it) anyway I have a question

Whenever I land this which so far I have had very gentle landings while it is rolling at makes a banging sound. bang bang bang bang. I feel sure this is the struts. maybe bottoming out maybe something else.... Or maybe banging on the plastic covers which I reinforced with fiberglass though if this was it I would think it would still break. Does anyone know what this might be and what would fix it? I am thinking Robarts and would order them right now if I know what size wire is being used at the top and what length they need to be.

so this brings up several questions from those of you with more experience...

Though it hasn't been a problem I am bothered by the wobble left to right that is permitted on these struts. Are All Oleos this way? Or is it just cheap ones.. I have the same issue on a T6

Also
Are robarts struts well machined with close tolerances and lubricated so they operate smoothly? Or are the like these ones which are sloppy and operate because they are so loose?

Any and all advice is helpful Especially if you could point me to a set of robarts known to fit this model with no major mods

Thanks ahead of time