RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mobius Camera Total Lack of Support and Warranty
Old 06-01-2016, 04:26 PM
gabjhup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobius Camera Total Lack of Warranty and Very Limited Support

Hi,

I purchased a Mobius camera last year and had 8 months of use out of the camera. I was absolutely rapt with the quality of the video and promoted it amongst my fellow RC flyers and motorbike community, however after 8 months the camera started to freeze up with the yellow light staying on permanently. I tried all the tricks and spent countless hours researching the issue. After giving up, I finally decided to contact support. While I had some support, this was limited to generic advice to replace the memory card etc. Once it was clear that the standard support fixes were not resolving the issue it became clear that Mobius offered no support to be able to physically investigate and fix the problem and I seemed to hit a brick wall. The other issue I had is that I could not find any reference to warranty on the web site at all. I have posted my edited conversation to support below for reference (you will need to read from the bottom up to follow the thread):

Greg,
This is our policy:
The camera has a 6 month warranty from workmanship defect (excluding the battery) If camera is returned it will be accessed as to whether it is related to workmanship or misuse; if workmanship it will then either be repaired or replaced. There is no coverage for misuse, water, drop, shock or physical damage. The camera may be returned within 30 days of purchase for refund (less 15% restocking fee)
Regards,

Vince
"Home of the Mobius ActionCam"
Where We Strive for Quality Product,
Sales and Service!!
www.mobius-actioncam.com
On 5/31/2016 10:47 PM, Greg wrote:
So it sounds like a waste of time if I send it back if no repairs are made to motherboards? I can’t find warranty information on this product at all which is why I assumed it had a standard 12 month warranty. I only had 8 months of sporadic use before it started playing up so would have thought that out of goodwill Mobius would look after the customer especially given my promoting of the product here in Australia.

Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:05 PM
To: Greg
Subject: Re: Your chat transcript with www.mobius-actioncam.com (16 May 2016, 11:17 AM GMT)

Greg,
See below for our warranty:
The camera has a 6 month warranty from workmanship defect (excluding the battery) If camera is returned it will be accessed as to whether it is related to workmanship or misuse; if workmanship it will then either be repaired or replaced. There is no coverage for misuse, water, drop, shock or physical damage. The camera may be returned within 30 days of purchase for refund (less 15% restocking fee)
Since you have had the camera for nearly a year; obviously a lot can happen in that time... You are welcome to send it in and we can take a look at it, but we don't do any board level repair, or sell just mother boards.
Return address:
ActionCam
6375 Furnace Rd.
Suite 330 B
Ontario, NY 14519
Regards,
Vince
Sales and Service!!
www.mobius-actioncam.com
On 5/27/2016 6:41 PM, Greg wrote:
If the camera had been damaged in a physical way I would not be bothering you for support, I would be buying a new camera. I have done nothing but promote the Mobius name amongst fellow motorbike riders and throughout the RC community of which I have been part of for over 10 years. Given the camera is under warranty I was hoping that you would have offered for me to either send the camera back to be looked at, or to send me a new camera. Very disappointing to be told “I don’t know what else to tell you….”

Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: Your chat transcript with www.mobius-actioncam.com (16 May 2016, 11:17 AM GMT)

I'm not saying you did, but if others handle the camera or again if the camera has been dropped... You asked, and I'm telling you the only other thing that could produce such a thing... I don't know what else to tell you...
Regards,
Vince
Sales and Service!!
www.mobius-actioncam.com
On 5/26/2016 6:09 PM, Greg wrote:
Vince,
I can assure you that I have not confused the heatsink and the power button. Attached is a photo showing the camera as it stands.

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:11 PM

Only other thing I can think of is sometimes people press on the heatsink thinking it is a button and this sometimes can damage the PCB. Make sure the heatsink still looks like it is in the proper position...
Regards,
Vince
Sales and Service!!
www.mobius-actioncam.com
On 5/26/2016 6:50 AM, Greg wrote:
Hi Vince,
Not sure if you got my reply 2 days ago which I sent via my phone.

I have tried the reset button several times. While the camera has been used up until March when it started playing up, I have taken good care of it with no exposure to water and only the usual wear and tear with no impacts.

Cheers
Greg

Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 9:52 PM

Greg,
Have you tried using the reset button?
I see that you have had this camera for nearly a year, has the camera gotten wet or experienced any impact?
Regards,
Vince
Sales and Service!!
www.mobius-actioncam.com
On 5/23/2016 3:49 AM, Greg wrote:
Hi Vince,

Just put in the new card, a SanDisk Class 4 32GB (write speed was over 6Mb/s). I re-formatted (in camera), reinstalled the latest firmware and started recording. Unfortunately I have the same result. The camera works for a short period then freezes with the orange light permanently on. Pushing the power button as per normal does not turn the camera off. I need to hold the power button down for several seconds before I can get it to turn off…..

Cheers
Greg

Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:27 PM

Greg,
Not sure why you didn't receive this email, see below.
First off, best card formatting is "in camera" format; btw we rarely have to format cards...
Looks to me like you do not have a Class4 min memory card. The Write speed is only 2.84Mb/s, Class4 should be at least 4.
Find a card that passes the H2testw test and gives you at least 4MB/s
Btw, the H2testw test should be done with the card in the camera for best results.
Keep me posted.

Regards,
Vince
Sales and Service!!
www.mobius-actioncam.com
On 5/17/2016 5:22 AM, Greg wrote:
Hi Vince,

I only got the email saying you had been out of town and will reply to the previous conversation.

Cheers
Greg

Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 7:15 AM

Greg,
Did you get my reply (2nd email)?
Regards,
Vince
Sales and Service!!
www.mobius-actioncam.com
On 5/16/2016 5:29 PM, Greg wrote:
No problems Vince, I look forward to your reply.
Cheers
Greg
[HR][/HR]
Sent: ‎17/‎05/‎2016 3:08 AM
Hi Greg,
I was out of town and am working thru my emails.
Let me get back to that email thread to get caught back up.
I will reply to original email.
Regards,
Vince
Sales and Service!!
www.mobius-actioncam.com

Last edited by gabjhup; 06-03-2016 at 04:00 PM.