RCU Forums - View Single Post - A sneak peak at the new Taigen Leopard 2A6 lower hull :)
Old 06-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by edoubleaz
Any gearbox surprises? How much heavier are we talking?
I'll get exact weights and dimensions for everyone in around 2-3 weeks when my sample arrives and I can install everything and play. I would guess around 8lbs by itself. The Sherman is around 3lbs with just the chassis and with the Leopard being both longer and wider I would think around 8lbs should be right. Of course exact weights I'll get later with and without items installed. Just make me a list
No gearbox surprises for this one yet, I've yet to really see the need to move to different motors. PLUS, Banebots is making motors again!

Originally Posted by trackmech81
That looks amazing. Cannot wait to see the Abrams version.
Yes the Abrams will be after we complete this one but so far it is a go. My neighbor is a retired Abrams driver so he is there if we have any questions (I've already had a few!) he will be helping. You guys wanted strength and durability.... well now you are getting it! Taigen will also be making Abrams metal parts too, so be aware of that one too. The Leopard parts are already here and out so if you need anything we have it. Our Leopard tracks are quite nice and smooth too.

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 06-02-2016 at 12:21 PM.