RCU Forums - View Single Post - fuel probs
Thread: fuel probs
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 03:49 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by crispyspa
I ran a Perry pump on a .60 thunder tiger. I literally had 12" of fuel line to the engine as I had the tank buried in the hull. No special carb. It ran fine. The pump I had had an adjustable pressure regulator.
A .60 uses a lot more fuel than a .40 does and has a bigger carb. It might be circumstantial that it worked. The regulator is adjustable to a point - but in some cases, to adjust it down far enough would have the regulator screw falling out. I did it on a TT .46 and couldn't throttle it below full open otherwise it would flood itself out. I had the regulator backed off so the screw was literally held in by a single thread. I put tape on it to keep it from falling out.

I know a guy using a Fox .74 that he couldn't get to run right. Added a Perry pump and pump carb and it runs worse than it did with the stock carb... Again, maybe circumstantial.. Either way, I would recommend a check valve and cline/iron bay regulator before using a pump. Glow engines with smallish carbs draw fuel good from a distance; sometimes the needle valve needs to be opened more to get it to draw good.