RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/3 scale Fokker D7 highly modified balsa USA
Old 06-07-2016, 05:28 AM
RCUer843638
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/3 scale fokker DII build

Hey Rich, michael again Just glad my attempt to publish ok for now About me I'LL keep that short to still the bore, I have a masters Mechanical engineering, Never really applied it though. Age 56, Had a large antique and jewelry buisiness for 15 years Richmond V.A. Retired out Then became School director for a vocational school chain for a while Then lost my family (car accident) Then Traveled Now disabled wheel chaired most the time {for now} Lived on a sail boat for years, now I'm poor but humble. My passion for flying, sailing some reason a natural interest to do with wind? History ,and detailed research have always been a major hobby for me as well as my music. musician. I mostly keep to myself these days. Now for the fun stuff ! The fokker the modifications planned researched over and over again I chose balsa usa for many good reasons! no complaints and great people in my book. and from my 1st project tired of hand cutting and hand drilling everything myself [ don't even have any power tools can't afford!] It was neat I found it fascinating Seems like every time I went shopping I was even looking at packaging to see If there was something I could use for the build. I have a crazy stock bin! As for the Fokker It has all Hitec servos, mirricle power switch, aux cooling micro fans not yet installed My plans for engine would be for a G62 w/ mick reeves torcmaster [can't afford] right now. Still some small things left to do, Such as get G.T. Fokker nuts etc.., I have some of the build details on another sight Don't know If I'm allowed to say which one though, With the modificatins I made to the build it self, I managed to keep balsausa known flight characteristics. As for rc flying I know you to be right! I am not qualified to fly this plane! and would love for someone else to. I just can't get around too much these days for now. Mean time I find always still much to learn just in buiding alone. I also have another current project going, Another crazy modified for scale BALSAUSA PUP. I was able to by a partial kit in box, Mostly though I use original factory plans in my build I am able to get some of these. I still need much guidance and always have many questions and love learned advise! Heres a couple of pics of it for know P.S. I am very pleased to meet #1 of the brotherhood! wished I could be a number Loved reading that sight many times. You have quite a hanger! WOW!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	038.JPG
Views:	2479
Size:	4.32 MB
ID:	2166729   Click image for larger version

Name:	028.JPG
Views:	2222
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	2166730   Click image for larger version

Name:	042.JPG
Views:	2640
Size:	4.25 MB