RCU Forums - View Single Post - Found an Armortek Panzer IV
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I just store'em in the garage (MY 'tank workshop') up on the old motorcycle lift I've had for over 20 years. My 1/16 tanks I have on a shelf over by the door. My wife said that if I needed the room in the garage I could drive one of'em in to the living room but I won't do that because the tracks would scratch the daylights out of the wood floors. And we sure can't carry'em.

And the Tiger is about 41" long (without the barrel), 24" wide, and roughly 18" tall (to the top of the commanders' hatch). It weighs roughly 375 pounds. The Panther is slightly longer, but a slight bit shorter and narrower and it probably weighs about 360 (+/-). That's why when you're driving one you have to pay close attention to it because it could do some damage if it got a 'wild radio hair'.

When I go to pull a track I use a small 2"X4" wood block and a lever to raise one end and put a 4+" block under that end, then do the same to the other end (but watch your fingers!). Then pull a pin and slide the track out. You'd be a STRONG person to pick up one end of'em cause I've grabbed a sprocket or idler in each hand, gave it a good lift and I can't even rock it (but I'm 'old an' give out). But I can lean in to'em and maybe slide'em sideways a touch.

(and just to mention: When I got back from that trip to Pennsylvania to pick up the Panther, we used the forks on the tractor to pick up the pallet out of the back of our F150 and I was SURPRISED how much the rear of that truck rose UP!)

This P4 will weigh (with batteries) only about 175 pounds so it'll be a lot lighter to manhandle around.

Armortek makes it's tanks the same scale thickness of the turrets and hulls as the real tank so the aluminum is thicker on the larger tanks than the Panzer IV.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-001S.JPG
Views:	777
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	2166899   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-002S.JPG
Views:	770
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	2166900   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-003S.JPG
Views:	830
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2166901  

Last edited by Old MSgt; 06-08-2016 at 02:35 PM.