RCU Forums - View Single Post - What do you have your conversion in???
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 07:12 AM
AutoMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you have your conversion in???

LOL. yep , we need something like AA for us. Well, I'm Mike and Im just a plain cheap a@@! Cant spend much anymore since the wife found about a dozen receipts and nearly went postal on me (sigh). So I no longer mess with my helis, cars(gas and electric), boats(same),all my glow airplane stuff and this R/C paperboy thing I was trying to perfect but nevermind that. So in trying to figure just how I could still get my fix and spend peanuts(no really, peanuts) I got into this conversion thing. BTW tom, I found my first ryobi in a dark alley, Im not proud of it but thats what happend. Ok, got a freebie ryobi, called in some favors, had it ready to fly a plane for $25 total. Now I needed a plane....Just how cheap can you build and finish and plane for a 31cc motor? $25! Yep, thats it. I call it my Pipe Dream. Go to Home Depot and buy the following:
PVC downspout 10' length makes two fuse's= $5.98
2" pink foam board 4x8 sheet=$14 but had a bad corner so I got it 1/2 off=$7..WOO HOO
3/8x1/2 hardwood spars=$3
and the rest of the cash went to nuts, bolts and rigging.
Sucker flys great! been flying all summer on it, even tought a few newbies how to fly with it. It has a 80" wing, 1200 sq in area and weighs in at a beefy 15lbs4oz but that ryobi hauls it straight up for a good ways. Piper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55561.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	69441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17015.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	69442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75478.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	29.5 KB