RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 09:59 PM
cathurga

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kwik, that was my plan as well, but the cowl setup on mine didn't really allow for that sort of thing, but I am going to make some changes. Unfortunately, since the new carb is on, I cannot go back so easily. I have made access to the Walbro carb though, so I have access to them.

Aquaskiman, yeah, that has cropped into my head, and what I am going to do is remove the engine from the plane, and put it back on the bench so I can find out if there are any leaks anywhere. I will also wind the needles out to 3 turns each, and start from scratch. I know it is not the best way to resolve these problems, but if I can get rid of external factors like leaking air and have free access to everything, I am sure I will get there.

I am also concerned about these spark plugs that I have bought, they are the RCEXL ones and don't have the groove cut in the flats, that the little springs connect to....I am wondering if the plug caps are not seating properly. That also makes me worry that if I ever lose one of the spring clips, would I be able to get new ones somewhere.....seems nobody carries these....which makes me nervous...