RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Jet Trainer "FireBird"
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 08:32 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesroutledge
It's really sad that a thread about an economical trainer, which would allow guys with limited budgets to enter the world of jets has been hijacked by conceited arrogant morons.
Badmouthing this plane has stopped the flow of info about a really good plane. A friend of mine has one, and it's a real peach. Easy to fly, economical , very forgiving.
Don't let the jibes of guys with too much money spoil your opinion of this plane.
I don't have much money, I have jets because I put my money away. My issue with this particular one is it is yet another rip off of a successful design. There have been many rip off's of successful designs, in the end it catches up with you. They stole this design from one manufacture and the name from another. When you are going to drop a couple grand on an engine the smart money says go with a proven designer that will be there to support you as time goes on. Not another offshore rip off.
Just my 2 cents.

Besides that, outside of the fact that it's not an ARF, The BTE Reaction kit is less money than this ARF. So with covering and glue it would be about $100 more plus your time. You could build an R54 with fixed gear if you wanted to and they are proven.

Last edited by LGM Graphix; 06-13-2016 at 08:35 AM.